Project No.: DTP1-1-019-1.1
Timing: from 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2019
Total budget: EUR 1.9 million
CO-financing: European Regional Development Fund (EUR 1.66 million)
The objective of the project
is to improve Danube framework conditions for innovation by integrating Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in the whole innovation pipeline, ensuring that R&I is carried out in a socially, environmentally and ethically manner.
D-STIR is key for setting the innovation framework conditions in Danube, as innovation has significant socio-economic impact on the society.
Uneven economic development affects capital, investments and infrastructure, including inappropriate political influence on research and development.
Quadruple Helix is a model focused on dysfunctional relations between universities, industry, government and the public.
RRI & STIR
Innovation originating from responsible research (Responsible Research Innovation – RRI) can better involve the society in research and innovation in these key areas:
- Engaged society
- Gender equality
- Free access
- Science education
Another major initiative within the project is Socio-Technical Integration Research (STIR).
The methodology was created by Dr. Erik Fisher (Arizona State University, USA).
It has been applied in 10 countries around the world, on 3 continents and at 30 university and private research labs (in Europe – Belgium, the Netherlands, UK, Spain, Denmark, and Hungary).
The project is expected to generate STIR methodology adjusted for the specific conditions of the Danube region.
Project website: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/approved-projects/d-stir
- Agenția pentru Dezvoltare Regională Sud-Est (Romania)
- Cassovia Life Sciences (Slovakia)
- First Hungarian Responsible Innovation Association (Hungary)
- ELI-HU Non-profit Kft. (Hungary)
- Razvojni center Srca Slovenije, d. o. o. (Slovenia)
- ELI Beamlines (Czech Republic)
- Institutul National de Cercetare-Dezvoltare pentru Fizica si Inginerie Nucleara Horia Hulubei (Romania)
- bwcon: Geschäftsstelle GmbH (Germany)
- Csongrád Megye (Hungary)
- Central Bohemian Innovation Centre (Czech Republic)
- Rozvojna agencija Srce Istrie d.o.o. (Croatia)
- Sarajevska regionalna razvojna agencija SERDA d.o.o. (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Presentations from project meetings can be found under individual links from events
Vedran Bostandžić, , +420 246 083 195, +420 601 214 429,
Nina Irimia, Regional Development Agency – South East Region, Romania, +40 239 611 086,
Anamarija Kamin, Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia, Slovenia, +386 1 896 27 10,